simblr
LxSims Directory
somewhere off simming

Hey! Welcome to my directory! Here you can find everything linked to me, sims wise anyway! If you got sent here looking for my storytelling blog, then please click the 3rd star on the left to find all of the blogs! If you got here by accident then feel free to go back where you came from or click the 4th star to find some other awesome sims storytelling blogs to visit! ☆
Wednesday, October 8, 2014,3:59 AM
Yo Yo Yo

bs6
I play my game in an insane way. I don't know anyone else who plays like me, but it's the way I enjoy. Feel free to continue reading to try and get a better understanding!
So, first I will start off about my neighborhood! I have ONE neighborhood! Right now it's called Cambridge and it's empty. I may change the name later, but that's not the point. Cambridge is my main hood! Attached to Cambridge I have THREE nightlife subhoods and ONE business hood. I use all the nightlife hoods as "different countries." My nightlife hoods are called Chaio, Arbonne Cresse & Ghanyua. Each "country" has a predominate ethnicity that takes over said neighborhood. Cambridge is kind of considered America, since that's where I'm from :P. Arbonne is European(mostly French) inspired, Ghanyua is African/Caribbean inspired and Chaio is Asian inspired! All of the hoods are *INSPIRED*! Meaning there is NO accuracy to them. Arbonne has the Eiffel Tower in it simply for great pictures and hood deco, but it is in no way a portrayal of Paris, obviously! By setting my neighborhoods up like this I get the joy of my sims being able to live in and visit different countries and still keep full control over tham, instead of using Vacation subhoods. I've never used a vacation subhood, but might in the future! Moving on~ Each hood is decorated differently and the houses are somewhat reminiscent of said hood. Also, because of the fact that it's my game and it's not true to life, all of my neighborhoods celebrate whichever holidays I set for them, even though I know some countries don't celebrate certain holidays. Most of my holidays are holidays you find in America: Halloween, Christmas, St. Valentine's Day, Easter, etc.

I use a mod that stops people from downtowns from walking by eachother's house in different downtowns or the main hood. Sadly, I haven't found a mod/cheat to stop people from other hoods showing up to community lots in different hoods. Hopefully I'll find that soon.

In all my hoods, I have a hotel! It's just a residential lot, set up to look like a hotel. When sims "visit" from out of town or teens "go on trips" they can stay there for picture reasons and more experience! It sounds like a lot, but trust me it isn't.

Basically that's the way I do my hoods and why I have different blogs for each one. It's rare the kids/teens/adults/etc will cross eachother in each neighborhood, but possible. They can become friends through chat rooms and LAN parties. They could also meet while "on vacation," "visiting family" or "visiting the different countries." Several of my sims do this and meet one another and end up marrying and "relocating." It's all in the way you want to play.

The other ways I affect my game are on each "country's" specific blog. Where I really dork out and talk about school systems, aging, family trees and everything else! Until then, au revoir! ☆